Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Dani, age 21, Needs a Kidney to Live. You Can Help by Sharing this Post.


 
Danielle (Dani) Harriott 

Dani is 21-years of age and needs your help.  You can help save her life by sharing this post on Facebook.

I am Danielle (Dani) Harriott.  I am shy but very friendly.  I love to laugh and I love to cook and read.  I want to become a nutritionist.  I live alone.  I have kidney failure caused by medications prescribed to me when I was 9.

I need a kidney to live.  Not necessarily your kidney, but someone’s.

How to Help Me:

You can help me simply by sharing this Kidney4Dani.com on Facebook.  Together we can find that angel able to do the extraordinary by giving the gift of life to save me. Sharing this post is like throwing a life preserver into the water to save my life.  I'm not asking you to jump into the water with me.  I'm just asking you to throw me that life preserver in your hands.  Just toss it in by publicly sharing this post.

Just Throw Me a Life Preserver by Sharing This Post

Speak with Someone Confidentially and Without Obligation:

If you'd like to speak confidentially and without obligation, feel free to contact my Donor Coordinator who will not disclose your identity to me:

Vilda O. Desgoutte-Brown
Office: 301-319-2841
Work cell:202-390-2474

Vilda is an experienced transplant coordinator who is familiar with my case.  Your confidential phone call will be without any obligation to proceed further.

What Happened to Me

At age 9 my kidneys were irreparably damaged by medications prescribed to me.

Now, 12 years later, I desperately need a kidney transplant from an angel willing to step forward to save my life by volunteering to give me a kidney.  My blood type is O, but a donor with any blood type can help me receive a kidney through Walter Reed's paired kidney exchange or kidney transplant chain programs (outlined below).

My Hospital:


I am registered and approved for kidney transplant at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, Maryland, a 5-Star Transplant Center.  WRNMMC is an National Kidney Registry (NKR) transplant hospital.

 
Dog and Me

Donate a kidney?

I know it’s a lot to ask.  So I’m not asking.  But I am asking for your help in another way.  Even if you’re not a donor, I need you to spread information about my need by sharing this post.  Simply help me to spread the word by sharing.

 Facebook Share Link 
Publicly Share This Post

The more people who know of my need, the better my chance is of reaching a person willing to save my life by being a kidney donor.  So, now it’s all about getting the word out.  Even if you can’t be a donor, you can be a donor-finder  by sharing this post or URL.

 
Mom and Me

Basics of Living Donation:

When deciding whether to donate, it is important to understand all of the possible medical, psychological, and financial risks. It is okay for the donor to stop pursuing living donation at any point if they decide that it is not the right decision.

For a quick education about living donation, Basics of Living Donation by Explore Transplant, a national consortium of the leading experts in transplant and health literacy, who work to ensure that transplant patients and living donors can make informed treatment choices.

How to Help Me:

 FB Share Icon 
Publicly Share This Post
Share to Facebook

Please take a few minutes to use Facebook for a good purpose - to tell the world about me and this website.  Post a small public note on Facebook with a link to this website (click icon above) and share it to public, not just your friends (so your friends' friends can see it).

Ask your contacts, readers, friends, acquaintances, and businesses to share this post.

Speak with Someone Confidentially and Without Obligation:

If you'd like to speak confidentially and without obligation, feel free to contact my Donor Coordinator who will not disclose your identity to me:

Vilda O. Desgoutte-Brown
Office: 301-319-2841
Work cell:202-390-2474

Vilda is an experienced transplant coordinator who is familiar with my case.  Your confidential phone call will be without any obligation to proceed further.


What Makes a Person Want to Donate a Kidney?

Ned Brooks, Non-directed Kidney Donor
Delivers a Tedx Talk on His Experience as a Donor
Founder of DonorToDonor.com 
a self-funded non-profit 501(c)(3)
staffed by volunteer donors and recipients

What if A Prospective Donor is Not a Compatible Match?

Walter Reed participates in kidney transplant chains.


Walter Reed also does paired kidney exchanges, also known as a “kidney swap,” where a living kidney donor who is incompatible with the recipient is willing to participate in a donor swap.  In those cases, the donor's kidney would be swapped with another donor's kidney that is incompatible with their recipient but whose kidney is compatible with Danielle's body.  That saves two lives.

 
My family and I are hoping and praying that by sharing this website an angel somewhere will be moved to step forward as my donor.  All donor medical and hospital transplant expenses* will be paid.*

Help Us by Sharing:

Even if you’re not a potential donor yourself, some good soul among your Facebook (and other) friends might be!  Please share this now. Do more than "like" or comment.  Likes and comments are the "hopes and prayers" of social media. Shares = action, the action needed here.  Together, we can do this.  Sharing this post could help me immensely.  You could be the key to saving my life.  What a gift that would be.

Thank you,
Danielle ("Dani") Harriott

 FB Share Icon
Publicly Share This Post 

-------------------------


*About Costs:

Reasonable cost reimbursement is legal.  Title III of The National Organ Transplant Act, 1984, Pub. L. 998-507, allows for reasonable payments associated with the removal, transportation, implantation, processing, preservation, quality control, and storage of human organs as well as for the expenses of travel, housing, and lost wages incurred by the donor of a human organ in connection with the donation of that organ.   While reimbursement of expenses is legal, payment for the acquisition of an organ is not.

In addition, the costs of medical care and hospitalization for the donor are covered as well as for the recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment